Been on a now we’re cooking course, or attended one of our events?
Below are a range of recipe and food ideas from some great writers on food, presentation, value for money and a range of dietary needs.
Perhaps some you haven’t come across yet? We’ll rotate our food news selection regularly.
The NWC team…
Lavender and Lovage Food and Travel from Home and Abroad
- Whitby Lemon Bunsby Karen Burns-Booth on 15th January 2021 at 3:14 pm
My recipe for Whitby Lemon Buns using sourdough starter; these famous Yorkshire buns have been made in Botham’s of Whitby for over 100 years. A Yorkshire Tea Time Recipe North Yorkshire, my home county and one that I miss so much sometimes. And, it’s not just the coastline, moors and people I miss, but I miss some of my favourite cafes, shops and bakeries, such as Botham’s of Whitby and their Whitby Lemon Buns Whitby Lemon Buns are light and airy, with plump sultanas inside them and rather generous dollop of lemon icing on top. Continue reading Whitby Lemon Buns at Lavender and Lovage.
- Traditional Oxtail Stewby Karen Burns-Booth on 13th January 2021 at 3:29 pm
This recipe for Traditional Oxtail Stew is as old as the hills, as my mum and grandmother used to say. It’s a traditional British stew using a very cheap cut of beef, namely oxtail. A Winter Warmer This recipe for Traditional Oxtail Stew is as old as the hills, as my mum and grandmother used to say. It’s a traditional British stew using a very cheap cut of beef, namely oxtail. Continue reading Traditional Oxtail Stew at Lavender and Lovage.
- Cook Blog Share Week 2 – Comfort Foodby Karen Burns-Booth on 12th January 2021 at 9:41 am
Welcome to the FIRST #CookBlogShare of 2021 with Lavender & Lovage. This week I am highlighting some wonderful Comfort Food Recipes from the last Cook Blog Share of 2020. Welcome to the FIRST Cook Blog Share of the New Year. And, it’s a BIG hello from me as one of your new hosts. Sisley from Sew White is your other new host, and she will be in the driving seat next week on Tuesday the 19th January 2021. Continue reading Cook Blog Share Week 2 – Comfort Food at Lavender and Lovage.
- Enjoy the Perfect Winter Barbecueby Karen Burns-Booth on 11th January 2021 at 10:34 am
Enjoy the Perfect Winter Barbecue – You can still, enjoy a barbecue in the winter, and I have some great tips to share how to have the best winter grilling experience. Collaborative Post Barbecues aren’t just for summer, and you can still, enjoy a barbecue in the winter. I’m going to share how you can have the perfect meat barbecue experience today, and all you have to do is to wrap up warm and enjoy the experience. Continue reading Enjoy the Perfect Winter Barbecue at Lavender and Lovage.
- Cheese, Red Pepper Pesto & Walnut Babkaby Karen Burns-Booth on 8th January 2021 at 12:38 pm
My recipe today for Cheese, Red Pepper Pesto & Walnut Babka is made with my Classic Sourdough Bread made Easy recipe, cheese, pesto & walnuts. An Easy to make Savoury Sourdough Babka My recipe today for Cheese, Red Pepper Pesto & Walnut Babka is a dream to make, bake and eat. It’s made with my basic Classic Sourdough Bread made Easy recipe, with two types of cheese, a roasted red pepper pesto and walnuts. Continue reading Cheese, Red Pepper Pesto & Walnut Babka at Lavender and Lovage.
Veggie Desserts Simple Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes Celebrating Vegetables
- Easy Creamy Jerusalem Artichoke Soupby Kate Hackworthy on 20th January 2021 at 12:13 pm
This creamy, velvety Jerusalem Artichoke Soup recipe is my favorite way to use up seasonal sunchokes. It’s made with simple pantry ingredients and can be made in under 40 minutes. A rich and tasty winter warmer. Jerusalem artichoke soup is the stuff of dreams. Trust me. It's not only easy to make but tastes absolutely... Read More Easy Creamy Jerusalem Artichoke Soup © Veggie Desserts.
- Gingerbread Latteby Kate Hackworthy on 13th January 2021 at 12:49 pm
This homemade Barleycup Gingerbread Latte is an easy, decadent, delicious hot drink. The quick gingerbread syrup adds ‘wow’ flavour to the classic latte. A great hot drink for winter that’s easily vegan. Recipe sponsored by Barleycup. Make your own Barleycup Gingerbread Latte at home in just a few simple steps, for a delicious, warming, flavorful... Read More Gingerbread Latte © Veggie Desserts.
- Easy Roasted Carrot Curryby Kate Hackworthy on 11th January 2021 at 1:38 pm
This easy Carrot Curry recipe combines carrots, lentils, coconut milk and warming curry spices to make an Indian dish that can be served over rice, with naan or plain by itself. Ready in just 25 minutes. Vegan and gluten-free. Sometimes the tastiest recipes are the simplest. Just like in this easy Carrot Curry recipe. Roasted carrots... Read More Easy Roasted Carrot Curry © Veggie Desserts.
- Roasted Swede (Rutabaga)by Kate Hackworthy on 7th January 2021 at 5:01 pm
You’ll love this easy Roasted Swede recipe that makes a tasty side dish. Swede, aka rutabaga, is a sweet root vegetable that's perfect for oven roasting, especially with a dash of nutmeg. Roasted Swede (aka Roasted Rutabaga) is the perfect way to enjoy the humble root vegetable. Swede is easily roasted in the oven with... Read More Roasted Swede (Rutabaga) © Veggie Desserts.
- Mini Baked Potatoesby Kate Hackworthy on 5th January 2021 at 2:56 pm
This easy recipe for Mini Baked Potatoes makes a great appetizer for any party or game day! Roasted baby potatoes are loaded up with sour cream and chives. They're a great finger food that everyone will love. Mini Baked Potatoes turn the classic popular flavor of baked potatoes into a bite sized appetizer. They're easy... Read More Mini Baked Potatoes © Veggie Desserts.
UK Health Blog – Nadia's Healthy Kitchen Healthy Recipes UK
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Tartby Nadia on 15th January 2021 at 11:53 am
* This post is sponsored by Whittard* A yummy and decadent tart that’s perfect for Veganuary made using only 6 ingredients! A flaky pastry base, a layer of jam all topped off with smooth silky chocolate – truly a combination made in heaven! To enhance the cherry flavour even more, I used some Whittard Chocolate Cherry Brownie Hot Chocolate mix. ... Read More The post Vegan Chocolate Cherry Tart appeared first on UK Health Blog - Nadia's Healthy Kitchen.
- Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake Potsby Nadia on 8th January 2021 at 11:38 am
(AD) A delicious dessert that takes no time at all to put together. A simple treat made up of a 2 ingredient base, a creamy cheesecake centre and a berrylicious topping! Served in pots/glasses for ease. I’ve always preferred no-bake cheesecakes to the baked versions as these taste so much lighter and the no baking part means there’s one less ... Read More The post Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake Pots appeared first on UK Health Blog - Nadia's Healthy Kitchen.
- Chickpea Cookie Dough Ballsby Nadia on 4th January 2021 at 3:18 pm
I’m a huge fan of the idea of adding beans, lentils and pulses into sweet treats. They bump up the fibre, mineral and vitamin content while giving desserts a lovely moist texture. It also means you don’t need to add as much flour or even cut it out completely! Beans & pulses are so underrated, under-consumed and unappreciated. They’re such ... Read More The post Chickpea Cookie Dough Balls appeared first on UK Health Blog - Nadia's Healthy Kitchen.
- 5-Ingredient Orange Chocolate Mousse Potsby Nadia on 23rd December 2020 at 1:03 pm
*This post is sponsored by Conscious Chocolate* Super rich and decadent orange chocolate mousse pots that only call for 5-ingredients and they’re both vegan AND gluten-free! The festive treats keep on coming! I’ve made a fair few Christmas recipes this year from mince pies to a Gingerbread Bundt Cake, but I have to admit that as a chocoholic, my ultimate Christmas ... Read More The post 5-Ingredient Orange Chocolate Mousse Pots appeared first on UK Health Blog - Nadia's Healthy Kitchen.
- Festive Gingerbread Bundt Cakeby Nadia on 18th December 2020 at 9:17 pm
*This post is sponsored by FREEE* Only a week left before Christmas! If you’re looking for a last-minute festive treat that’s both gluten-free and vegan (and delicious!), then you have to try this festive gingerbread bundt cake! One of the best things about Christmas is all the yummy baked goods. What better excuse to bake than Christmas? And for me, ... Read More The post Festive Gingerbread Bundt Cake appeared first on UK Health Blog - Nadia's Healthy Kitchen.
The Veg Space easy vegan recipes
- Recipe: Yellow Split Pea Soupby Kate Ford on 19th January 2021 at 11:02 am
The post Recipe: Yellow Split Pea Soup appeared first on The Veg Space.
- Recipe: Vegan Pestoby Kate Ford on 14th January 2021 at 10:11 am
The post Recipe: Vegan Pesto appeared first on The Veg Space.
- Recipe: Vegan Wafflesby Kate Ford on 11th January 2021 at 8:18 pm
I’m linking this recipe with the CookBlogShare challenge, hosted this week by Karen at Lavender and Lovage The post Recipe: Vegan Waffles appeared first on The Veg Space.
- Recipe: Vegan Soda Breadby Kate Ford on 9th January 2021 at 3:59 pm
The post Recipe: Vegan Soda Bread appeared first on The Veg Space.
- Recipe: Vegan Mushroom Soup with porcini & thymeby Kate Ford on 5th January 2021 at 6:03 pm
The post Recipe: Vegan Mushroom Soup with porcini & thyme appeared first on The Veg Space.
Domestic Gothess Recipes from a domestic gothess.
- Mexican Style Tofu Scrambleby hannahhossack on 20th January 2021 at 2:44 pm
Mexican style tofu scramble – this easy vegan spicy tofu scramble is a healthy meal packed full of protein, veggies, and most importantly, flavour! Served on toast it is great for breakfast, lunch or even dinner! I’m not really a fan of savoury breakfasts at breakfast time, but I do absolutely love having breakfast foods... Read More The post Mexican Style Tofu Scramble appeared first on Domestic Gothess.
- Vegan Chinese Curry Sauceby hannahhossack on 18th January 2021 at 12:50 pm
Vegan Chinese curry – this takeaway style vegan Chinese curry sauce is easy to make and tastes just like a takeout Chinese curry, but better! Serve it with vegan chicken pieces, baked tofu or stir fried vegetables. This vegan Chinese curry is an easy, home made version of a classic British Chinese takeaway curry sauce.... Read More The post Vegan Chinese Curry Sauce appeared first on Domestic Gothess.
- Vegan Earl Grey Tea Loafby hannahhossack on 15th January 2021 at 9:34 am
Vegan Earl Grey tea loaf – a slice of this easy, fat-free fruity tea loaf spread with vegan butter is an ideal mid-morning or afternoon snack. It keeps well, is simple to make and is absolutely delicious! Eggless and dairy-free. Tea loaf is a classic British cake consisting of a simple fatless loaf cake filled... Read More The post Vegan Earl Grey Tea Loaf appeared first on Domestic Gothess.
- Spinach, Lentil And Butter Bean Soupby hannahhossack on 8th January 2021 at 3:22 pm
Spinach, lentil and butter bean soup – this easy vegan soup is healthy, hearty and nutritious. It is high in plant-based protein and makes a great filling lunch or light dinner. I make this spinach, lentil and butter bean soup frequently when the weather is cold. It is a lovely hearty soup, packed with red... Read More The post Spinach, Lentil And Butter Bean Soup appeared first on Domestic Gothess.
- Vegan Cranberry Almond Cakeby hannahhossack on 5th January 2021 at 1:53 pm
Vegan cranberry almond cake – this easy vegan snack cake is soft and moist with a sweet almond flavour and bursts of tangy fresh cranberry. You can use either fresh or frozen cranberries so it is a great year-round cake! Eggless and dairy-free. This vegan cranberry almond cake is a great simple cake for snacking... Read More The post Vegan Cranberry Almond Cake appeared first on Domestic Gothess.